Keeping track of your veterinary and animal experience is easier than you think! You just need to be diligent about maintaining a log. I recommend that you:
- Use an excel spreadsheet to record your hours — dates, times, etc.
- Don’t worry about getting signatures as proof.
- Record which species you worked
- Record what your duties/responsibilities were for each activity.
- Write down important contact information for each experience – name of pertinent people/vets, address, phone number, email address, etc.
And yes, everything you do from the start of high school through your application to vet school is included on your VMCAS application–that goes for vet and non-vet related activities. So be sure to keep track of everything you’re involved in and write little detailed summaries of your involvement so that years from now you will have all of that information available (because often our memories get fuzzy months to years down the line).
To give you a head start, you can download the template I created here: